At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Supervises the accounting staff that records financial data and generates advisor commission payments for MPs and MDs in the Field Financial System for the offices the team services.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactively manages personnel and technical issues and assists in resolving these issues by providing research and resolution options while considering individual contributor performance.
- Work with internal HO teams to develop strategies that impact Field Office accounting data and advisor commission payments for the offices the team services.
- Conducts financial statement/financial health reviews to assess current state and trends of the MP or MDs accounting data. This includes in-depth research and analysis of sources of accounting data as needed.
- Consult with team accounting personnel to develop skills in managing the books and records for the MPs and MD offices the team services.
- Provide Field Office onboarding consultations to ensure proper transfer of accounting procedures to the CAS team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related business experience working with and supervising transactional accounting, reviewing financial statements, and using spreadsheet tools.
- Broad knowledge of the company’s products, distribution system, field compensation and sales reporting required.
- Strong analytical skills with the proven ability to analyze business problems and make decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple employees simultaneously and carry out diverse assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and acceptance at all levels within the Home Office and Field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical or financial information to various audiences to gain common understanding.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups