At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Provides front-line support and expertise in Workday to the Talent Management Center of Excellence (COE) leveraging business requirements and Learning expertise. Ensures COE users, functional learning teams, people leaders, and employees have a streamlined and seamless Workday experience. Represents and advocates for the needs of their COE, and will influence the design of our Workday system and ensure it supports the goals and objectives of their workstream.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads on-going innovation and continuous improvement in Workday Learning and COE related tools and technology.
- Supports COE business processes and workflows while maintaining system stability and providing an outstanding user experience.
- Advocates for enhancements and updates for COE in Workday that support the achievement of the strategy leverage strong knowledge about the pain points of end-users.
- Acts as the super user & first point of contact for end-users who need support or assistance in completing Workday tasks and processes that are aligned to the COE; independently troubleshoots end-user challenges with resolutions to Workday processes and quick resolution for straightforward end-user challenges or questions related to relevant Workday processes or functionality.
- Responsible for the thorough testing and analysis of new Workday features and functionality and participates in release planning, accountable for regression testing, unit testing, User Acceptance testing and pre-launch testing / sign-off for new features or enhancements.
- Provides governance, consultation and support to functional teams on utilization of Workday for their business area.
- Coordinates and executes enterprise-wide campaigns in Workday.
- Activate best practices, improving efficiency and flawless execution of reoccurring TMD programs/processes
- Creates and maintains clear, comprehensive, documented business requirements for requested changes, enhancements, or projects; accountable for articulating functional processes from beginning to end and providing thought leadership on functionality and design.
- Responsible for the alignment and change management aspects of technology deployments, inclusive of stakeholder management and communications.
- Engages and assists in driving Workday roadmap and strategy though regular touchpoints with Workday COE.
- Performs basic configuration changes and partners with HR Tech team on the completion of advance configuration changes.
- May build reports in Workday
- May have other COE duties beyond Workday responsibilities.
- Represents Workday to COE as well as the COE to the HR Technology team.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in with an emphasis in, Business, Project Management or related field preferred OR a significant amount of directly related work experience beyond the minimum required for the position.
- 6 years of previous experience in processes and project management to include analysis, documentation.
- Proven Workday functional expertise - an awareness of what Workday can and cannot do, familiarity with delivered functionality and reports, and experience performing straightforward administrative tasks in Workday (e.g. undoing tasks, manually advancing tasks, waiving requirements).
- Experience in supporting Talent Management COE including the ability to clearly articulate the key objectives, responsibilities, goals, and strategies of COE and how they intersect with broader HR strategy.
- Strong sense of personal accountability for high quality, value-driven work that supports business outcomes; places the user in the center of decision making; and prioritizes speed, agility and innovation in work.
- Embrace continuous learning, curiosity, and ambiguity. Incumbent will fluidly share findings and new insights with peers through coaching and mentoring.
- Be resourceful and have a knack for navigating challenges independently; have strong prioritization skills and good judgment.
- 3-4 years of proven success driving implementation; creates creative technology solutions to match COE needs with business process and requirements.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We a re an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, Ne w York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups