At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. The Career Distribution (CD) function is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves. The Field Learning and Development team, part of the Field Talent Department within CD, develops and executes learning experiences that solve needs, change behaviors, and drive learning and adoption to drive growth and productivity throughout the distribution system. We partner with business stakeholders and our sales force to develop and deliver these experiences with a learner-centric approach. Field Learning & Development is at the heart of driving our field experience for our financial reps. By being a part of this innovative, creative, and collaborative team, you will help educate and empower all levels of our field force to deliver financial security to their clients.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Learning Experience Design, you will serve as a Senior Learning Experience Designer on the learning experience design team responsible for collaborating with learning leaders and subject matter experts to develop useful and engaging content to support training for a multi-year strategy initiative, Advancing Advisor Practices. In this role your duties will include creating, updating and managing training resources, working with business partners and critical stakeholders to create new learning assets and trainings via multiple delivery modalities.
Design, develop and/or facilitate learning and performance solutions for home office employees and/or members of the field force, including field leaders, that drive business outcomes and employee growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Advocate for and prioritize learning solutions that deliver business outcomes that can be rapidly developed and deployed while still maintaining quality standards and learner experience; scrutinize existing solutions to ensure learning addresses evolving needs
- Analyze complex organizational issues and skill gaps when conducting root cause analysis of performance problems; connect learning solutions to business strategy and needs
- Connect and consult with key learning and business stakeholders, translating L&D-specific terms to business-relevant language
- Understand and design against target learner role context and daily workflow; Prototype and test new learning solutions and incorporate learning feedback before launch.
- Engage in cross-role and cross-functional relationships to gain insight into both standards and innovation
- Develop, implement, lead and/or design complex learning programs and/or curriculum applying a verity of methodologies and platforms to meet specific needs.
- Assess and define learning needs and partner with internal and external resources to develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Operate within an agile system with many competing deadlines and priorities.
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of programs and communications.
- Independently write and review instructional content for large initiatives with multiple initiatives running simultaneously to ensure alignment with corporate strategy and consistency with other L&D programs.
- May develop effective instructional design strategies that focus on different ways to deliver and deploy learning to ensure completion of goals and learning objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, adult education, organizational development, communications or related field.
- 5 years of instructional design, development and evaluation experience, with demonstrated knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of instructional design.
Portfolio: We are looking for an instructional designer that has a recent portfolio. If selected for interviews, sample work that has been published within the past three years will be needed for consideration. Due to Northwestern Mutual security standards, we cannot accept any google drive links.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We a re an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, Ne w York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups