At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Plans, coordinates and actively runs the IT delivery plans for complex, cross-functional technical solutions that generally spans multiple, technical products. Handles the end to end plan that is inclusive of all of the changes needed to technical products in support of initiative outcomes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Accountable for aligning one or more large, complex programs consisting of multiple efforts.
- Makes connections across teams and work streams to drive identification and facilitation of interdependencies.
- Accountable for defining the program structure and crafting a single, unified plan to deliver on the program objectives.
- Drives for transparency on objectives, priorities and measures.
- Accountable for identifying, assessing and mitigating program risks and issues, and removing impediments.
- Work with partners, vendors, and internal teams to ensure project success.
- Supports the development, implementation, and communication of IT and cybersecurity risk management programs, processes, and activities.
- Leads the set-up and execution of program events, briefings, and meetings.
- Liaises with teams across EIRC and Tech to identify coordination and integration opportunities with other programs.
- Leads multi-functional team coordination, schedule and budget oversight, management of consultants/contractors, issue resolution, and reporting.
- Coordinates with internal functions, including contracting, procurement, finance, communications, and change management departments to ensure successful project rollout.
- May lead or mentor program managers.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 9 years of professional experience.
- Five or more years of program management experience in technology and/or business functions. Experience with program management methodologies & governance.
- Experience with project management methodologies & SDLC. Working knowledge of project management / agile tooling.
- Financial & team team management.
- Understands how software is developed, tested and implemented as well as technical concepts.
- Ability to work closely with engineers, product managers and business leaders.
- Experience leading large scale, cross-functional initiatives using a variety of delivery methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile, lean, scrum, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to dig into details, learn, ask questions and become the ""go to expert"" on certain concepts and topics.
- Leads highly visible multidisciplinary project teams or initiatives; provides thought leadership.
- Solves unique problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions.
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general department policies and industry guidelines.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus.
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups