At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic software engineering leader interested in executing Northwestern Mutual's Marketing technology strategy and delivery. As a lead engineer, you will be both a technical and people leader for a group of talented software engineers who are evolving and delivering the public facing assets and services for Northwesternmutual.com. This team directly supports millions of annual visitors while providing a world class experience through engineering best practices, component libraries, scalable micro services, design systems, content management systems and various other engineering and marketing technologies. Working with the Assistant Director, you will investigate, propose, and drive the next generation technology strategy and roadmap for the marketing team at NM. If you are interested in accelerating your career, growing your technical knowledge, and building leadership skills then read on to see if this opportunity is a fit for you!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the team. Understand the intricacies of the systems. Provide technical guidance as needed
- Foster a culture which promotes engagement and inclusion amongst team members
- Ensures production stability, monitoring, and root cause analysis for digital products
- Participate and assist with design discussions
- Hands-on with the codebase where and when appropriate
- Assess technical solutions being provided by engineers. Ensure best practices and standards are followed. Participate in code reviews as needed
- Provide resources with feedback and career coaching. Work with direct reports on development and career planning
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years of total professional experience required
3-5 years of hands-on development experience with modern engineering tools, languages and practices
- 1-2 years technical leadership with or without direct reports
- Proven track record of successfully crafting and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions
- Experience developing and leading solution delivery using agile methods
- Capable of communicating between product, engineering, and the business
- Ability to successfully communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of details
- Strong collaboration skills to ensure the team is working together even when they are not co-located
Technologies We Use & Nice To Haves:
- Cloud technologies (AWS)
- CI/CD and/or DevOps experience
- Content Management Systems (preferably: Drupal)
- Container orchestration (preferably: Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure scripting (preferably: Terraform)
Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups