At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a self-motivated Lead Software Engineer with Data Engineering background to join the Field Rewards investment compensation team at Northwestern Mutual.
What you’ll do:
You will be working with us on high visibility projects that directly impact our Field Force. You will build new insurance compensation and rewards platforms that deliver value to our Field Force team. You will partner closely with the lead engineer to design, build and implement systems and features. You will also mentor junior developers on the team.
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate has a strong background in Data Engineering. We are seeking experience with data transformation and knowledge of algorithms and data structures. This person should have experience as part of data team responsible for data curation and distribution. The person should also have experience with security-related processes, preferably in the financial services industry.
Skills required to be successful in this role:
- Understanding of Database systems (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and ecosystem of data management tools.
- Experience in schema design and data organization
- Relational Databases (DB2, Sybase, MySQL, MS SQL Server)
- ETL Experience (Informatica, SSIS)
- Linux/Unix & shell scripting (bash)
- Programming experience with one or more of Java, C++, Python, Scala
- Communication, Collaboration skills.
Additional skills & experience desired:
- Reporting (Business Objects, Power BI, SSRS)
- Previous experience in a Financial Services vertical (investments, insurance, banking, payroll systems)
- Familiarity with AI/ML
- Experience with creating and maintaining Data API
- Knowledge of GIT Workflow
- Experience with Agile (with large teams)
BS in computer science, engineering or an equivalent field
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups