At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As the Long Term Care Modernization Team, we are looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer to embrace and grow our strong engineering culture, recommend standard methodologies and approaches, and ensure efficient delivery of high-quality code. Primary stack is React, Node.js, Spring Boot, AWS.
Lead a team of hard-working full-stack engineers to build a brand-new, modernized LTC Administration platform! Your work will encompass all areas of the stack, while partnering strongly with our UX, Design, and Digital Product teams to deliver expertly crafted experiences that our end-users will love!
You will be backed by strong product, technical, architectural, security and infrastructure SME's, and work with mature CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure. The work you deliver will be strategic, future-focused, and visible to the organization.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement well-rounded solutions applying working relationships across the enterprise.
- Design, organize, and implement high impact solutions across teams both within and outside their division.
- Establish, aggregate, and share enterprise standards.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers within respective division.
- Ensure production stability, monitoring, and root cause analysis is completed for their products.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of technical professional experience required
- 5-8+ years of experience leading teams using modern engineering tools, languages, and practices.
- Guide for the organization in one or more technologies: React, Node.js, Spring Boot and/or AWS.
- Proven record of effectively designing and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions.
- Experience developing and leading solution delivery using agile methods.
- Successfully handles ambiguity.
- Ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of detail.
- Shown understanding of design patterns and architecture.
- Whip-smart team that is very friendly and always willing to lend a hand
- Tons of room for career growth, learning and development
- Highly competitive salary
- Amazing Benefits
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups