At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Are you in search of an opportunity to grow with an outstanding and multifaceted company? Here at NM we have an excellent opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer to join a company of choice and enjoy the best of both worlds: The great foundation and resources of a growing organization built over more than 160 years, alongside a progressive, fast-paced IT team working with the latest and greatest technology! Look no further we have the opportunity for you!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Implements holistic solutions utilizing working relationships across the enterprise.
- Designs, organizes, and executes high impact solutions across teams both within and outside their division.
- Establishes, aggregates, and shares enterprise standards and best practices.
- Mentors and guides junior engineers within respective division.
- Ensures production stability, monitoring, and root cause analysis is executed for their products.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of professional experience required
- 5-8+ years of experience leading teams using modern engineering tools, languages, and practices.
- Proven track record of successfully designing and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions.
- Experience developing and leading solution delivery using agile methods.
- Specialist for the organization in one or more technologies.
- Successfully deals with ambiguity.
- Recognized as the go-to expert within the division or department.
- Ability to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of detail.
- Solid understanding of design patterns and architecture.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups