At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Lead Risk Management Consultant is an essential role that serves as the key information risk advisor, working to optimize and balance risks and controls!
- Manage information outcomes and results of multiple projects within the information risk program (including accountability for defining and managing scope, schedule, cost, and quality)
- Develop and maintain relationships with business leaders and communicate project status to collaborators; ensure compliance with Company-approved risk management methodology.
- Connect with business clients, IS Dept, vendors, field and senior management in order to discuss and ensure a common understanding and acceptance.
- Ensure processes and controls are aligned with established information risk strategy, accountable for raising information risk issues, resolution of the issues, and balancing business needs with information risk implications, in an effort to in order to foster a business environment that effectively manages information risk.
- Resolve sophisticated information risk issues related to information protection policies, standards, processes and controls.
- Responsible for the advancement of the information risk strategy to foster a business environment that effectively manages information risk.
- Manages overall results of multiple projects within the information risk program including accountability for defining and handling scope, schedule, cost, and quality.
- Ensures compliance with company approved methodology and required deliverables and applies lessons learned throughout subsequent project phases.3.
- Maintains relationships with clients and gains broad knowledge of their business.
- Ensures expectations are handled and that clients gain a full understanding of information risks and the impact on their business.
- Responsible for educating, coaching, and guiding leaders across the company on information risk.
- Understands both the business and technical implications of information risk and advises on appropriate investment decisions.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in MIS, Business or related field; or related work experience beyond the minimum required.
- Ten years of professional experience in information systems or systems audit.
- Minimum of two years of experience leading complex projects or developing, influencing, and recommending business strategies.
- Confirmed ability to independently identify and resolve critical and sophisticated issues through effective problem-solving skills.
- Includes ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to effectively influence and negotiate with internal and external partners and tried organizational savvy with demonstrated tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to communicate in both business and technical terminology based on the situation and the audience.
- " Strong understanding of risks and IT general controls. " Strong ability to lead teams and build consensus around complex technical and business decisions.
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program, and more!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups