At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Lead large work programs that empower advisors and help clients achieve those dreams. Work with a dedicated team of engineers, designers, data scientists and financial authorities to define product vision, strategy and deliver experiences that drive business outcomes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Set Product Vision: Accountable for multiple products' visions primarily within a single domain ensuring cohesive connections where applicable.
- Develop Roadmap: Define roadmaps and collaboration across key team members to ensure roadmaps are synced and not duplicative. Define and track critical metrics for measure of success across multiple products and partners.
- Capture Requirements: Collect higher level, more sophisticated product requirements with a general understanding/knowledge of products in remit. Review and validate requirements gathered within team.
- Defines Product: Responsible for multiple medium to high complexity products and product features from start to finish.
- Stake holdering: Deliver key messages, marketing and communications about products in their domain.
- Design Partnership: Partner with design to ensure cohesive future state user visions and experiences are aligned through a one-year vision with an understanding of the Design process.
- Author User Stories: Translate requirements to technical details to build and validate use cases and user stories around a product and communicate them effectively.
- Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain multiple prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or return on investment.
- Data & Customer Research: Inform product decisions with both qualitative and quantitative data on our behavior and experimentation.
- Facilitates Ceremonies: Facilitate daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 6-8 Years of prior experience with at least 6 working in a Product Management Role, with agile team experience.
- Knowledge Preferred: formal business analyst, engineering or testing experience, knowledge of the financial services industry, familiar with BI tools, certification or experience with Product Owner or Scrum Master role, experience in leadership or mentorship of a team.
- Experience demonstrating cross functional work in previous experience along with strong communication skills, time management, project management skills, eye for business and high self awareness/EQ.
- Previous research experience, influence skills, initial leadership exposure, ability to translate product requirements into technical requirements, and work in ambiguity.
- Solves outstanding problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions.
- Experienced with security transformation or security culture transformation a plus
- Adobe Analytics - Intermediate
- Agile Methodologies - Intermediate
- Atlassian JIRA - Advanced
- Backlog Management - Advanced
- Business Cases - Intermediate
- Continuous Improvement (CI) - Intermediate
- Daily Scrum - Intermediate
- Data Analysis - Intermediate
- Industry Benchmarking - Advanced
- Microsoft Power BI - Intermediate
- Product Demonstrations - Intermediate
- Product Management - Advanced
- Product Roadmapping - Advanced
- Requirements Gathering - Advanced
- Structured Query Language (SQL) - Intermediate
- Storytelling - Intermediate
- Technical Writing - Advanced
- User Research - Advanced
- Wireframing - Advanced
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups