At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As a Lead Product Manager on the Law and Public Affairs team, you’ll lead large work programs that empower our business, advisors and help our clients achieve those dreams! You’ll work with a hardworking team of engineers, designers, data scientists and financial specialists to define product vision, strategy and deliver experiences that drive business outcomes that we have set in place. To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader, a reliable problem-solver, have the ability to drive outcomes with confidence and outstanding communication skills.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set Product Vision: Accountable for multiple products' visions primarily within the Compliance domain ensuring cohesive connections where applicable.
- Develop Roadmap: Accountable for defining roadmaps and collaboration cross functionally to ensure roadmaps are synced and not duplicative. Define and track critical metrics for measure of success across multiple products and partners
- Gather Requirements: Accountable for bring together higher level, more complex product requirements - general understanding/knowledge of products in remit. Review and validate requirements within team
- Defines Product: Responsible for multiple medium to high complexity products and product features from start to finish
- Stakeholder: Ability to deliver key messages, marketing and communications about products in their domain
- Design Partnership: Partner with design to ensure cohesive future state user visions and experiences are aligned through a one-year vision with an understanding of the Design process
- Author User Stories: Translate requirements to technical details to build and validate use cases and user stories around a product and communicate them effectively
- Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain multiple prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or return on investment
- Data & Customer Research: Inform product decisions with both qualitative and quantitative data on our behavior and experimentation
- Scrum Ceremonies: Key participant in daily Scrums, help drive Sprint Planning Meetings and lead all aspects of Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- 6-8 Years of prior experience with at least 6 working in a Product Management Role, with agile team experience
- Knowledge Preferred: formal business analyst, engineering or testing experience, knowledge of the financial services industry, familiar with BI tools, Certification or experience with Product Owner or Scrum Master role, experience in leadership or mentorship of a team
- demonstrate cross functional work in previous experience along with strong communication skills, time management, project management skills, business acumen and high self-awareness/EQ. Also have previous research experience, influence skills, initial leadership exposure, ability to translate product requirements into technical requirements, and work in ambiguity and solution.
- Solves unique problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Understanding business partner (client) needs is a vital aspect of this job. Product leads carry out extensive research to identify needs that new or improved products can fulfill.
- Excellent communication skills is a requirement to engage the many different partners this role supports
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups