At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As a Lead Product Manager within Illustrations, you’ll manage a team of exceptional individuals in addition to large work programs that empower our advisors and help our clients achieve those dreams. Being a forward thinker who is strong on executing, you'll lead teams to deliver an integrated illustrations experience that support sales and servicing while providing guidance and support to the team. You’ll work with a hardworking team of engineers, designers, data scientists and financial professionals to define product vision, strategy and deliver experiences that drive business outcomes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set Product Vision: Accountable for multiple products' visions primarily within a single domain ensuring cohesive connections where applicable.
- Develop Roadmap: Accountable for defining roadmaps and collaboration across key team members to ensure roadmaps are synced and not duplicative. Define and supervise critical metrics for measure of success across multiple products and partners.
- Gather Requirements: Accountable for gathering higher level, more complex product requirements - general understanding/knowledge of products in remit. Review and validate requirements gathered within team
- Defines Product: Responsible for multiple medium to high complexity products and product features from start to finish
- Stakeholdering: Ability to deliver key messages, marketing and communications about products in their domain
- Design Partnership: Partner with design to ensure cohesive future state user visions and experiences are aligned through a one-year vision with an understanding of the Design process
- Author User Stories: Translate requirements to technical details to build and validate use cases and user stories around a product and communicate them effectively
- Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain multiple prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or return on investment
- Data & Customer Research: Inform product decisions with both qualitative and quantitative data on our behavior and experimentation
- Facilitates Ceremonies: Facilitate daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 6-8 Years of prior experience with at least 6 working in a Product Management Role, with agile team experience
- Experience with change management, a plus
- Knowledge Preferred: formal business analyst, engineering or testing experience, knowledge of the financial services industry, familiar with BI tools, Certification or experience with Product Owner or Scrum Master role, experience in leadership or mentorship of a team
- Demonstrated cross functional work in previous experience along with strong communication skills, time management, project management skills, eye for business and high self awareness/EQ. Previous research experience, influence skills, initial leadership exposure, ability to translate product requirements into technical requirements, and work in ambiguity and solution.
- Solves outstanding problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups