At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Position Summary: Lead IT Auditor
The Lead IT Auditor position will plan, lead, and report on technology audits This role includes significant internal client interface, and as such requires strong communication, and decision-making skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying information and technology risks across the company. The ability to establish relationships and credibility within the Corporate Audit team and Northwestern Mutual clients will be essential to the individual’s success, as will the ability to coach, and lead other audit staff in the execution of audit engagements.
- Lead planning, risk assessment, fieldwork, and reporting phases of audit engagements
- Responsible for conducting design and operating effectiveness audits of Northwestern Mutual’s IT systems and cloud environments (AWS, VMWARE) to ensure compliance with internal standards as informed by NIST 800-53, the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), etc.
- Function as a senior member of the IT audit team, with experience as both as an individual contributor and in team environments where collaboration and adaptability are important
- Handle concurrent projects, meet established deadlines, and quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Remains current on cybersecurity auditing practices, emerging risks, industry regulatory changes, and internal company policy and process changes.
- Prepares and reports audit issues and ensures they are accurately tracked in an audit repository.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or another relevant field
- Subject matter expert knowledge in technology risks, with some experience with auditing AWS cloud environments
- In depth knowledge of industry frameworks/standards utilized for IT internal controls (NIST 800-53, NIST CSF)
- Preferred designations include CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CISSP (Certified Information Security Systems Professional), or other relevant business designations
- Several years of experience auditing IT the following topics: IT Governance (policies, standards, procedures), access controls, physical security, system development lifecycle, change management, patch management, configuration management, data security (encryption, retention, disposal), data feeds (completeness and accuracy), backup & recovery, business continuity and disaster recovery, and logging & monitoring
- Ability to develop, design, and execute IT audits using a risk-based approach
- Excellent project management and organization skills; ability to multitask
- Excellent ability to develop and write impactful reports and presentations
- 5+ years of experience in large financial services IT/Security internal audit department, or equivalent IT/Security audit or consulting experience to include top tier firm (EY, Deloitte, PWC, KPMG, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience leading end-to-end engagements as the auditor in charge and/or leadership experience within the information technology or cyber security fields
- Model Audit Rule or SOX experience
- 7+ years of technology & cybersecurity audit experience with a professional services firm, an internal audit group, or similar environment.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups