At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the Role?
As the Lead IAM Engineer RACF you will be working under minimal supervision in a single IAM Domain, focusing on larger and complex projects. They possess an advanced understanding of Identity & Access Management beyond their domain and comprehend the impact of their work on others. They have a solid understanding of general security frameworks and delivery models and exhibit a continuous learning mindset. They excel in requirements gathering, customer-centric thinking, and aligning technical objectives with business objectives. They provide technical leadership, guidance, and mentorship not only within their IAM Domain but also to junior personnel outside of their domain. They lead collaboration with third-party vendors, stay updated with the latest IAM technologies and threats, and proactively implement risk mitigation measures.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Able to perform the most advanced development tasks within their domain independently but may need assistance from others when working outside of their IAM Domain
- Handles very high complex issues independently but may need assistance from others on team for more the most complex issues
- Has a solid understanding of general security frameworks and delivery models
- Begins to master multiple IAM Domains
- Defines how Identity & Access Management and tools should be used within their IAM Domain(s)
- Contributes to overall IAM Strategy for domain(s) they represent
- Has an advanced understanding of Identity & Access Management outside of their IAM Domain and how their work impacts others.
- Defines knowledge of engineering best practices within their IAM Domain(s)
- Leads the architecture of IAM solutions, considering scalability, security, and usability requirements within their domain(s)
- Stays updated with the latest IAM technologies, trends, and emerging threats, and proactively implement necessary measures to mitigate risks.
- Leads collaboration with third-party vendors and partners to evaluate IAM tools and services
- Advanced skills of requirements gathering and seeing through the eyes of the customers and aligns technical objectives to business objectives
- Able to troubleshoot or analyze the most advanced process issues, identify cause, and recommend efficiencies or provide formal reporting
- Provides recommendations to higher level staff of how to resolve new or complex issues
- Provides technical leadership, guidance, and mentorship to their IAM Domain and more junior IAM personnel outside of their domain
- Exhibits appetite for continuous learning and improvement
Bring your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent work experience in the IT field, with at least a portion of that time in Security related position
- 6-8 years of professional experience required
- Experience in the following domains: Directory Services (SSO/Federation, Active Directory, Azure, AWS), Identity Governance & Administration (Sailpoint IIQ, Access Certifications), Privileged Access, Client Identity and Access Management
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or similar certifications are highly desirable
- Strong experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, deploying, and supporting software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing IAM solutions, including integration with various systems and platforms.
- Strong ability to identify and set security practices.
- Advanced ability to explain technical solutions to technical and non-technical teams.
- Advanced documentation, testing and automation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Align technical needs to business processes.
- Prioritize work based on business objectives.
- Breakdown work to deliver value incrementally.
- Experience preferred with Agile methodologies/DevOps environment.
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups