At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As the Lead Identity Access Management (IAM) Engineer, you will work within the IAM team and be responsible for defining the technical and architectural vision for the solution. Works with only general supervision on large, complex projects; often providing direction to others on the team. This individual will need to be a leader within the organization with the expectation to represent IAM outside team domains.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the solution train, internal teams, customers and suppliers. Validate technology assumptions and evaluate alternatives
- Consult with the Enterprise Architect and the team on planning high level design of technical solutions for the architectural runway
- Provide technical guidance and consultation for IAM Development Teams and respective Assistant Director(s)
- Perform "Proof of Concepts" or "Proof of Technology" with support from Engineering teams
- Provide the high-level approach and requirements of product delivery to align with organizational objectives
- Define the "Definition of Ready" for Features in alignment with the leadership team
- Freely shares IAM knowledge and testing techniques to others within and outside domain
- Contributes to the innovation of software solution development across domains
- Consults on right-sizing decisions, software solutions, and services
- Recognized as having expert knowledge across IAM domains
- Provides day-to-day leadership and mentorship to less experienced professionals
- Regularly monitors the security community for, and researches, the latest assessment and exploit methodologies. This work is concluded by sharing the information back to the team in the form of newly written tools and/or techniques via informal internal training sessions.
Bring your best! what this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent work experience in the IT field 6-8 years of professional experience required
- Experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, deploying, and supporting software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Experience developing strategic Identity, Governance, and Assurance (IGA) solutions
- Experience with user access provisioning and certifications are desired
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong documentation, testing, and automation skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical and non-technical teams
- Proven ability to identify and set security practices
- Strong ability to align technical needs to business processes
- Strong ability to prioritize work based on business objectives
- Strong ability to breakdown work to deliver value incrementally
- Experience preferred with Agile methodologies and within a DevOps environment
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups