At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As the Lead IAM Engineer, you will work within the IAM Provisioning team and be responsible for defining the technical and architectural vision for the solution. Works with only general supervision on large, complex IAM projects; often providing direction to others on the team. This individual will need to be a leader within the organization with the expectation to represent IAM outside the IAM domain.
What will you do!? Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the solution train, internal teams, customers and suppliers. Validate technology assumptions and evaluate alternatives
- Consult with the Enterprise Architect and the team on planning, defining and high level designing of a technical solution for a program level architectural runway
- Define and communicate a shared technical and architectural vision for an Agile Release Train (ART) to help ensure the system or solution under development is fit for its intended purpose
- Provide technical guidance and consultation for IAM Dev Teams and respective Assistant Director(s)
- Perform "Proof of Concepts" or "Proof of Technology" with support from Engineering teams
- Provides the high-level approach and requirements of product delivery to align with organizational objectives
- Defines the "Definition of Ready" for Features in alignment with Assistant Director and Program team -Development of individual Team Strategies in alignment with Dev Team & IAM Program Team
- Freely shares IAM knowledge and testing techniques to others within and outside domain
- Contributes to the innovation of software development within IAM domain
- Contributes to the innovation of software solution development across IAM domains
- Consults on right-sizing decisions, software solutions, and services
- Recognized as having expert knowledge across IAM domains
- Provides day-to-day leadership and mentor to less experienced professionals
- Regularly monitors the security community for, and researching, the latest assessment and exploit methodologies. This work is concluded by sharing the information back to the team in the form of newly written tools and/or techniques via informal internal training sessions.
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent work experience in the IT field, with at least a portion of that time in Security related position
- 6-8 years of professional experience required
- Certification in security space desired (CISSP, CCSP, etc).
- Experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, deploying, and supporting software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Experience in the following domains desired: SSO/Federation, Active Directory, Azure, AWS, Sailpoint IIQ, Privileged Access, Access Certifications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong documentation, testing and automation skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical and non-technical teams
- Proven ability to identify and set security practices
- Strong ability to align technical needs to business processes
- Strong ability to prioritize work based on business objectives
- Strong ability to breakdown work to deliver value incrementally
- Experience preferred with Agile methodologies/DevOps environment
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups