At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual (NM) has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for over 161 years. Through a distinctive, whole-picture planning approach including both insurance and investments, we empower people to be financially confident. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and leading-edge technology to best serve our clients. To help guide the collaborative effort, we are seeking a Lead Full Stack Software Engineer.
This is a technology leadership role and will be accountable to help drive our digital transformation and platform modernization efforts while managing the operational expectations of our existing platform. As a technical leader this role will be expected to design forward looking full stack solutions using technologies like React for UI, modern microservices based architecture and independently scalable solutions that are cloud native (AWS), as well as help to drive a culture of engineering excellence within the team.
You will work closely with business partners, digital product partners and enterprise architecture partners to understand the strategic business and technology vision and help bring that into action by developing implementable system design and architecture.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; 5-8 years professional experience required
- 3-5 years proven experience working with modern engineering tools, languages and practices
- Financial Services experience in delivering technology solutions for Policy Administration (New Business, Servicing, Claims) systems across Life/Annuity/DI/LTC Insurance Products is preferred.
- Shown critical thinking, ownership approach and continuous learning
- Experience developing solutions using agile methods
- Sophisticated skillset in one or more technologies.
- Full Stack Engineer with well-rounded skills across front end and server-side programming including DevOps automation and experience with Cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS.
- DevOps and Build Automation – GitLab CI / Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Terraform
- Cloud – AWS (S3, Lambda, RDS, EC2, KMS, IAM)
- Object oriented design patterns, Microservices Architecture, Event Driven Frameworks and Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with API Management Frameworks
- Familiarity with both Batch and Real-time application patterns
- Familiarity with Security Patterns/Frameworks like Secure SDLC, TLS and Secrets Management
- Familiarity with Containers and Container Management (Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Business Rules Management and Document Management systems
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
*** This position may be based remotely.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups