At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an application architect to join a company of choice and enjoy the best of both worlds: the strong foundation and resources of a thriving organization built over more than 160 years, alongside a progressive, fast-paced IT team working with the latest and greatest technology.
What's the role?
Enterprise Architecture works closely with the software delivery teams to define our application target state architecture and implement it. As part of the EA Application Architecture team, you will collaborate with software engineering leads on identifying, defining, and guiding the implementation of software patterns to deliver high-quality applications to our customers, field and service representatives.
What you’ll do:
· Participate in the definition of our target state application architecture, both for front-end applications and back-end services.
· Lead teams to realize Northwestern Mutual's enterprise technology application strategy
· Provide thought leadership on application architecture & technology across Director and Engineering Lead levels and ensure that engineering and IT work is aligned with Northwestern Mutual’s business and technology strategies
· Guide teams via the definition and recommendation of application architectural patterns, engineering practices and standards and partner with Directors/Engineering Leads to promote their adoption across the organization
· Provide day-to-day mentoring and coaching to junior architects and technical professionals
· Ensure Technology Architecture meets financial, compliance, security and risk goals
What we’re looking for:
· Bachelors in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
· 1-5 years of experience in Enterprise Architecture, or 3-5 years of experience in an architect or engineering leadership role
· Experience building modern Web applications and APIs
· Hands-on experience with both on-premise and cloud-based application architecture
· Proven experience with design and implementation of large, complex enterprise systems over an extended period of time
· Preferred: Experience with event-driven patterns, domain-driven design
· Knowledge of technologies such as Node.js, Java, React, GraphQL, Docker, Kafka
· Previous participation in large-scale enterprise technology planning and implementation
· Ability to collaborate and provide leadership in a large group of engineering leads and be accountable for driving efforts towards defined outcomes that align to business strategic goals
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups