At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
Who We Are:
Data Science and Analytics plays a key role in the Core Data and Analytics (CDA) organization. We leverage data to provide key insights, business intelligence and data science products that advance NM's strategic priorities.
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will be a part of the Data Science and Analytics team that supports enterprise data science modeling. The goal of this team is to deliver a comprehensive lifetime value AI models, experimental design and measurement that continually helps our enterprise stakeholders in Marketing, Product and Field teams take action to drive sales growth and achieve better financial security outcomes for our clients. Our successful candidate will be able to apply and integrate advanced statistical, mathematical, data mining, predictive modeling, and business analysis to drive business goals. Through team exposure and interaction with business clients, you will be able to influence others by telling a story through data. Be prepared to visualize recommendations for forecasts, metrics, and complex data sets. You will share best practices with peers through coaching and mentoring around core methodologies, patterns, standards and processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Applies and integrates advanced statistical, mathematical, data mining, predictive modeling and business analysis skills and techniques to discover and identify new insights, predict and prescribe outcomes, advise on turning new insights into actionable opportunities and outcomes, and provide the tracking and measurement of results
- Develop solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, machine learning techniques, and robust analytics to support analytic insights and visualization of complex data sets for productization and monetization. Models need constant refitting as data changes over time
- Identifies available internal and external data resources to develop and deliver information solutions, including analytical information
- Interpret customer data, finding the highest value prospects and drive targeting and personalization strategies that drive higher Marketing/Field conversions
- Build targeting audience segments for Marketing/Field campaigns tailored to strategic goals
- Work with Engineer team to build Data Science and Machine learning framework for model activation & segment measurement for marketing channels and Field activation
- Applies creative problem solving and inter-departmental networking to address data and information needs across the enterprise
- Shares best practices with peers through coaching and mentoring around core methodologies, patterns, standards and processes
- Drive innovation by exploring new experimentation methods and statistical techniques that could sharpen or speed up our product decision-making processes
- Through extensive analysis, this individual will discover technology improvement opportunities and will work with other teams to address these opportunities
- Master's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Econometrics or related field
- Extensive professional experience working as a data scientist guiding and scaling Marketing efforts with a deep understanding of Marketing practice is strongly preferred
- Previous experience in data-driven Marketing, Marketing analytics, and Campaign Experiment Design and Measurement are strongly preferred
- 7+ years of professional data science or analytics experience
- 5+ years of experience building and deploying predictive models using open source tools (i.e. Python, R)
- Extensive experience working with data and developing, designing and presenting analytics, including some programming experience and work with multiple databases
- Expert level knowledge of advanced analytical model development and construction
- Proven ability to question assumptions, demonstrate relational analysis and integration of all components needed to solve problems
- Ability to build rapport, negotiate, gain the confidence and work successfully with business leaders across the company
- Proven ability to lead decision making process through idea sharing and consensus building
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior members
- Strong track record in meeting aggressive deadlines
- Identifying data requirements for analytical needs
- PhD degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Econometrics or related field can be a plus
- Cloud technology experience (i.e. GDP, Azure, AWS) preferred
- Collaborative team first environment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and Pension
- We offer competitive compensation, including annual bonus plans
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive professional training opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups