At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
- Applies and integrates advanced statistical, mathematical, data mining, predictive modeling and business analysis skills and techniques to discover and identify new insights, predict and prescribe outcomes, advise on turning new insights into actionable opportunities and outcomes, and provide the tracking and measurement of results.
- Develop solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, machine learning techniques, and robust analytics to support analytic insights and visualization of complex data sets for productization and monetization. Models need constant refitting as data changes over time.
- Identifies available internal and external data resources to develop and deliver information solutions, including analytical information.
- Applies creative problem solving and inter-departmental networking to address data and information needs across the enterprise. Shares best practices with peers through coaching and mentoring around core methodologies, patterns, standards and processes.
- Through a clear understanding of the company infrastructure, the incumbent utilizes technical skills to access and extract data from diverse sources residing on multiple platforms and implement large, complex data models and information solutions by combining, synthesizing and structuring data from various data sources.
- Through extensive analysis, this individual will discover technology improvement opportunities and will work with other teams to address these opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, MIS, math, statistics, business or related field.
- Master's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Econometrics or related field
- 7+ years progressively responsible experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics to drive significant business impact or to develop data/algorithm-based products.
- Extensive experience working with data and developing, designing and presenting analytics, including some programming experience and work with multiple data bases.
- Expertise in one or more development or advanced analytical tools such as R, SAS, Python, TableauRelational, and/or columnar data experience required
Expert level knowledge of advanced analytical model development and construction
- Proven ability to question assumptions, demonstrate relational analysis and integration of all components needed to solve problems,
understand the scope and limitations of field data and communicate in writing and verbally the meaning, trends and issues of utilizing data for decision making
- Proven ability to build rapport, negotiate, gain the confidence and work successfully with home office leaders in a variety of areas across the company.
- Proven ability to lead decision making process through idea sharing and consensus building.
- Proven ability to frame-out rough ideas and transform them into data that illustrates outcomes.
- Must have ability to exercise judgment and discretion when presenting and explaining recommendations to field and home office leaders.
- Inspire innovation by exploring new experimentation methods and statistical techniques that could sharpen or speed up our product decision-making processes
- Develop and deploy testing hypotheses and analyze test results, providing the necessary analytical rigor to ensure data quality, consistency, repeatability, and accuracy of insights Ability to tell business story with data.
Experience in coaching and mentoring staff members required.
- Proven management skills including negotiating, leadership, delegation, planning and organization
- Proven track record in meeting aggressive deadlines.
Nice to Haves:
- PhD in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field
- Chatbot Experience
- Experience with Voice/Text Recognition or VUI.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups