At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to automate and modernize data processing in support of key client and financial representative facing applications. In this role, you will partner with data engineers to modernize Northwestern Mutual's enterprise data integration stack. This role requires an agile mindset to take up new challenges and work as a team player.
Core responsibilities will include:
• Designing and developing systems which will consolidate source data systems into an enterprise data view, using a variety of technologies. Integrate enterprise data solutions with downstream internal and vendor applications.
• Partnering with enterprise architecture and product team to create systems which meet the needs of our business.
• Translate high level requirements and vision into application designs and manageable stories which can be executed by members of the team.
• Mentor other developers on the team - ensure they have the skills and tools required to deliver on team objectives.
• Create and enforce development best practices and standards to optimize maintainability and supportability of systems through all environments.
• Build and maintaining development patterns for use by the data integration organization, such as CI/CD patterns and monitoring tools.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
Experience and Confident coding capability in
• Spring frameworks
Experience with following tools/technologies is a plus
• Unix/Linux scripting
Experience with following tools/technologies nice to have
• SQL Scripting
• ELK Stack
What Are We Looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Minimum 8+ years of experience in Java frameworks, 3+ years as a Sr. Engineer accountable for mentoring others.
• Ability to train and mentor other team members, working with team to drive objectives and take accountability for deliverables of the team.
• Fast learner and self-starter. Need a person with a can-do attitude and desire to learn new technologies and techniques to develop and deploy data integration solutions
• Strong technical aptitude and ability to logically analyze and creatively solve complex issues independently
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to multiple levels of the organization
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels throughout the enterprise
• Strong sense of accountability and ownership of objectives and the ability to deliver individually and through a team
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups