At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative, and growing. We're going through a digital technology transformation and are making major improvements to the ways our employees experience their work! Come help us build for the future.
What's the Role?
This Lead Data Analyst - Business Insights supports the organization by analyzing our business function data to generate insights that advise our strategy and empower leaders with the information they need to make intelligent, data-driven decisions. Going beyond reporting or simple analytics to make an impact through consultation, this person will provide a unique perspective on our past, present, and predictions for the future of NM. The person in this role will create and continuously improve tools and methods for understanding sophisticated problems and structuring solutions for them. They are the nexus between our data strategy and the value our partners get from it.
Outcomes driven by this role:
- Consultation to senior HR and business leaders on using data and insights to achieve their strategic goals; participation in cross-functional teams to analyze and address critical business challenges
- Fresh opinions, creative problem solving, and inter-departmental connections that improve analytical capabilities and transform us from reactive to proactive
- Reports, data visualization, and presentations that highlight the ways that TA is interconnected across the business to support Northwestern Mutual's overall multi-year strategy
- Automated and optimized monitoring of metrics and KPIs to reflect data strategy maturity and ongoing alignment with short- and long-term objectives
- Proactive recommendations based on data, trends, and analysis that predict and identify challenges before they develop and equip leaders to solve them efficiently and effectively before they impact our people or the business
Our most successful candidates will:
- Have experience as a Workday Report Writer and Report Administrator
- Have experience with Tableau and SQL or have transferable skills that will allow them to learn quickly
- Be skilled at delivering Executive-ready reports and decks that translate complex data to a digestible format that is tied to actionable insights
- Embody continuous learning, curiosity, and a growth mindset. They will fluidly share findings and new insights with peers and leaders through coaching and mentoring across levels
- Use excellent communication and partnership skills to influence senior leaders and drive continuous improvement.
- Feel a good sense of personal accountability for high quality, accurate, value-driven work that supports business outcomes; places the user in the center of decision making; and prioritizes speed, agility and innovation in work.
- Demonstrate skill in gathering information systematically; consider a broad range of issues and factors; grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems or issues; and use accurate logic in analysis.
- Be adaptable to changing business needs, lead and prioritize concurrent assignments, and handle ambiguity with ease. They will have a strong customer orientation and a consistent record of hitting deadlines.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here (http://careers.northwesternmutual.com/colorado-and-remote-workers-compensation-and-benefits/) for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups