At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The mission of the Workplace Portals CMS Platform Team is to provide a state-of-the-art web portal platform to the entire organization. This platform is the foundation for enabling business critical sales force and home office intranet portals, as well as knowledge management experiences. As the footprint of this platform expands across the organization, we are seeking a talented lead engineer to lead all technical aspects of the work to grow platform capabilities, and onboard new portal experiences to the platform.
- Lead technical design and development of enterprise-wide features on the Optimizely CMS platform.
- Partner with the Lead Platform Architect to assess, prioritize and rollout new platform capabilities to the enterprise.
- Create development patterns, standards, and best practices on the Optimizely platform. Mentor and guide engineers across business domains.
- Onboard and lead engineering teams to upgrade existing Optimizely sites from CMS 11 to CMS 12
- Build out and enhance existing DevOps and CI/CD capabilities and standards used by platform components.
- Lead the technical support for the Optimizely platform for the enterprise.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years professional application development experience
- 2 years professional experience developing on Optimizely CMS 11. (CMS 12 Experience is preferred)
- Experience with general Content Management System (CMS) and information architecture concepts. This includes taxonomies, metadata, content types, templating, and navigation.
- Proven track record of successfully designing and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions.
- Expertise in:
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8, 5, 6
Web API 2+
MVC 5.1/5.0/Razor Framework with Repository Pattern (?)
SQL Server, Stored Procedures,
- CI/CD experience (GitLab), AWS
- Understanding and exposure to cloud-based development including PaaS and SaaS, and Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Exposure/Understanding of automated testing concepts: unit testing, integration testing, regression testing, and Test-Driven Development
- Solid understanding of design patterns and architecture.
Nice to Haves
- Have a passion for operational excellence, problem-solving, and ownership in accomplishing challenging goals.
- Continuously upgrade own technical skills, to understand and influence architecture and supporting infrastructure.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups