At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
As an Enterprise Information Risk & Cybersecurity (EIRC) Security Technology Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of our security technology portfolio program to provide ongoing vendor rationalization and full visibility to our security capabilities while targeting best in class, best in cost solutions.
The portfolio manager will be able to collaborate effectively with enterprise partners, including but not limited to our infrastructure and engineering teams, cybersecurity defense and operations, enterprise architecture, finance, and sourcing and procurement.
The ideal candidate provides technical expertise, along with an attention to detail and planning allowing us to leverage our timing and insights to ensure that we are fully maximizing our security technologies. Additionally, the requires experience and familiarity with a broad range of security technologies and vendors.
What you’ll do:
- Help mature the EIRC organization and overall enterprise security posture by helping us to establish a new capability to rationalize and maximize our security technology and vendors
- Support the overall EIRC mission, strategy, and delivery of objectives
- Build strong working relationships and work closely with various teams across the enterprise
- Collaborate with our partners and key stakeholders to ensure that their perspectives and input are represented in our efforts
- Provide reporting and metrics, as needed
- Create organizational processes to leverage renewal cycles and vendor briefings to represent Northwestern Mutual’s interests
- Create renewal calendar for planning, schedule recurring review meetings with S&P
- Analyze and document tool coverage gaps and opportunities for efficiency
- Work with team members to gather vendor feedback and requirements
- Enhance relationships with Top 10 vendors focused on NM’s needs
- Build capability matrix evaluating functionality being leveraged by tools
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- 6+ years’ experience in some combination of the following disciplines with an emphasis on information security/security architecture specifically within identity and access management, network architecture, application architecture and design, common authentication protocols and frameworks, industry standard frameworks (NIST, ISO), Cloud, DNS, VPN, SOC, SIEM, Email security, Cryptography concepts.
- A passion for cybersecurity and knowledge of the latest threats, trends and concerns.
- Must be highly collaborative, able to interact and connect with peers, management and leadership teams of varying technical levels, and act with a sense of urgency when security challenges or requirements arise.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- CISSP and/or SANS certification preferred
- Networking certification (CCIE) or CCSP a plus
Beyond base salary, NM offers the following benefits; pension, 401k, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision, FREE lunch, annual bonus opportunity, and much more!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups