At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Here at Northwestern Mutual we are looking to expand our Enterprise Information Risk and Cybersecurity (EIRC) department to add three expert Kanban Management Professionals (KMPs) to support cross-functional Scrum and Kanban teams within the Risk Information, Risk Analytics and Quantification, and Department Operation programs.
This Kanban Management Professional role demands a passion for lean and agile practices, ability to develop hard-working teams, knowledge of Kanban practices, proven track record for building relationships with risk analysts, risk management consultants, security engineers, and Product Managers, and a deep set of soft-skills including facilitation, mentor, influencing and negotiation.
What's the role?
- Mentor Product Owners/Managers to maintain transparency between all team members and partners on the state of the product backlog, team performance, service delivery and work plans.
- Find opportunities for experimentation and growth for continuous improvement both personally and as a member of a team.
- Work with teams and management to visualize invisible knowledge work and how it moves through a workflow.
- Apply the Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban (STATIK) with the teams to set up Kanban systems.
- Coach teams to apply a complete way of thinking about service delivery with a focus on improving them from your (internal) customers’ perspective.
- Demonstrate Lean Kanban implementation and facilitation practices.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to ensure backlog is prioritized in a fashion that minimizes delays and handles dependencies.
- Actively contribute and guide to the refinement of work in the backlog by analyzing requirements and resolving Definition of Done.
- Demonstrate and ensure teams apply standard methodologies and effective agile, Kanban, and Scrum practices.
- Facilitate resolution of dependencies between your teams and the brokered service providers.
- Support reporting on work progress and deliverables to management.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Experience working with agile teams in software development, risk management, security/ risk assessment, security compliance, information risk auditing or risk analytic environments.
- Experience with JIRA and JIRA Align or similar work management tools.
- Expertise working in scaled agile environments demonstrating one of the scaled frameworks (Nexus, SAFe, LeSS etc.).
- Detailed understanding of the Kanban Method, Scrum and SAFe values, principles and standard methodologies.
Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups