At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As Senior Risk Management Specialist, you will: maintain a foundation for enabling management of systems and data risks; take responsibility for evaluation, creation and publication of information protection policies and standards; implement and consult on information protection controls; monitor, measure and reporting on effectiveness and efficiency of information protection processes; investigate and respond to information security incidents, with the goal of minimizing impact to the business; manage the information protection awareness and training program in order to motivate and inspire desired conduct; assess information risks and noncompliance issues to aid in making appropriate investment decisions. You hold yourself to a high standard, proactively working to attain/enhance pertinent industry knowledge.
1. Accountable for executing processes and monitoring, measuring and reporting on the effectiveness and efficiency of controls in order to comply with information protection policies and standards.
2. Accountable for consulting and advising on the need for information protection controls in order to comply with information protection policies and standards.
3. Accountable for investigating and responding to information security incidents in order to minimize impact to the enterprise.
4. Accountable for evaluation, creation and publication of information protection policies and standards in order to establish a foundation for appropriately managing systems and data risks.
5. Accountable for managing the information protection awareness and training program in order to motivate and inspire desired conduct.
6. Accountable for assessing information risks in order to aid in making appropriate investment decisions.
7. Accountable for managing noncompliance issues in order to make appropriate investment decisions.
Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in MIS, Business or related field; or related work experience beyond the minimum required
Three or more years of experience in information systems or systems audit with a demonstrated knowledge in technologies and processes
Ability to assess and implement IT general controls desired
Demonstrated flexibility to adjust to changing business needs by effectively managing and prioritizing concurrent assignments
Demonstrated ability to independently identify and resolve critical issues through effective problem solving skills
Strong ability to develop and leverage relationships;
ability to effectively influence and negotiate with internal and external partners
Excellent communication skills focused on facilitation of meetings;
ability to deliver informative, well-organized documentation and ability to effectively communicate in difficult and/or sensitive situations
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups