At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
As a Senior Risk Management Specialist, your role will be to maintain a foundation for the management of IT risk within the organization's programs related to Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR), New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) Cybersecurity regulation, and other risk and compliance initiatives. Your responsibilities will include cultivating relationships with IT process owners across the Technology function, maintaining system boundary asset listings, evaluating IT processes to ensure compliance with the Model Audit Rule (MAR), documenting controls in IT risk and control matrices, assessing the impact of deficiencies in internal controls, and making decisions on noncompliance issues. You hold yourself to a high standard, proactively working to attain/improve pertinent industry knowledge.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- As the 'second line of defense', this role is accountable for executing on large, sophisticated, and ambiguous IT efforts.
- Performing key responsibilities on IT topics related to internal controls over financial reporting which may include: scoping decisions for IT applications, identification of IT risk and corresponding IT controls, identification of interface controls, detailing data flow diagrams, and interaction with internal and external auditors.
- Executing programs to meet evolving cybersecurity regulation, including NYDFS cybersecurity regulation and Wisconsin OCI Insurance Data Security law, among others.
- Assessing and evaluating control deficiencies in order to quantify risk and determine the impact to IT process conclusions.
- Accountable for working as part of a team to facilitate the periodic review of access.
- Accountable for assessing information risks to aid in decision making.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in MIS, Business or related field; or related work experience beyond the minimum required.
- 3+ of experience in information systems or systems audit with a proven knowledge in technologies and processes
- Previous experience with SOX or MAR, including the ability to assess and implement IT general controls desired.
- Shown flexibility to adjust to changing business needs by effectively handling and prioritizing concurrent assignments.
- Proven ability to independently identify and resolve critical issues through effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to develop and leverage relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills passionate about facilitation of meetings.
- Ability to deliver informative, well-organized documentation and ability to effectively communicate in difficult and/or sensitive situations.
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups