At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual is looking for an IT Auditor. The IT Auditor is responsible for performing technology audits focusing on Model Audit Rule Compliance.
This position includes substantial internal client interface, and as such requires strong professional presence, communication, and decision-making skills. The successful candidate will be capable of identifying information and technology risks across all areas of the company. The ability to establish exceptional relationships and credibility within the Corporate Audit team and Northwestern Mutual clients will be crucial to the individual’s success.
- Serves as a team member on audits/projects or may plan and conduct smaller and more routine audits under the supervision of more senior audit staff
- Assesses the efficiency and effectiveness of controls to manage risk, including compliance with laws and regulations, policies and procedures, and reliability of information
- Prepares high quality (clear, logical, grammatically correct and error-free) workpapers and observations/issues consistent with department guidelines
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task by clearly documenting testing results on more than one audit concurrently. This role will work on multiple Model Audit Rule audits simultaneously.
- Demonstrates a solid working knowledge and approaching proficiency in audit skills such as scoping an audit, developing audit objectives and test steps, partnering with clients to understand and evaluate processes, clearly documenting test results, analyzing risks, and drafting audit reports
- Demonstrates willingness to develop business & technical knowledge and project management skills
- Effectively communicates audit issues and related recommendations in both technical and non-technical terms to Operational and IT management
- Demonstrates excellent note-taking and interviewing skills that enhance comprehension, clarify assumptions, and validate audit results
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Information Technology, Risk Management, Business, etc
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to interact effectively at subject matter expert levels within the organization
- Three or more years’ experience in an auditing, compliance, technology or business operations
- Working knowledge of audit standards and frameworks (e.g., NIST) and data security and privacy regulations (e.g. CCPA, HIPAA)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of general IT audit control topics (e.g. access controls, SDLC, change management, configuration management/hardening, data feed integrity, encryption, retention/disposal, backup & recovery, business continuity and disaster recovery, logging and monitoring)
- Willingness to work towards obtaining CISA, CISSP, CIA or other relevant certification
- Proven knowledge of the regulatory environment for Financial Services industry is a plus
- Experience with a large public accounting firm or large corporate internal audit team is a plus
- General understanding of Model Audit Rule, SOX; direct experience a plus
- Familiarity with project management is helpful
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups