At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Work with the Northwestern Mutual front offices, Managed Investment business partners, brokers and traders supporting the timely and accurate execution of transactions related to investments managed by Mason Street Advisors and Northwestern Investment Management Company including settlement of trades, ongoing maintenance, and transactions such as principal, interest, cash flows, fees, and corporate actions. Investments managed include domestic fixed income, common stock, derivatives, foreign, and alternative investments. Responsible for data integrity, accounting, reporting, and compliance, respond to inquiries regarding investment holdings and trading activity. Maintain investment data, including reconciliations; assure timely investment position updating, critical attributive investment data, and accurate daily cash accounting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and efficient execution of reoccurring transactions in most asset classes in PI, MSA, NMC and NMRE's public and private managed portfolios including domestic fixed income, common stock, foreign, private placements, real estate equity and mortgage loans. Work with front office to settle transactions.
- Collaborate with more senior staff members to solve more complex issues and may work with custodial bank representatives, brokers, traders and field offices.
- Respond to inquiries regarding investment holdings and activity.
- Maintain investment data on various systems, conducts reconciliations and work closely with Investment Accounting, Financial Management, Law and other related investment areas to resolve issues.
- Assure timely and accurate investment position, commitment updating and critical attributive investment data.
- Respond to and investigate cash receivable and payable exceptions. Resolve a wide variety of standard problems.
- Stay informed of industry changes and developments that affect processing procedures.
- May assist with testing, system enhancements, upgrades, new initiatives and other projects involving procedural and workflow changes and may make recommendations for operational improvements.
- Assist with verification of critical management reports such as Finance Committee Summary of Holdings, ACLI, transactions, exposure and cash reporting.
- Ensure adherence to contractual terms and amendments through interpretation and analysis of basic legal documents.
- Bachelor's degree in business with emphasis in finance, accounting, management, investment management, real estate or information systems or equivalent related experience.
- 1-3 years of related, investment operations experience preferred.
- General knowledge of a variety of investment asset types.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical ability.
Asset Financing - Basic
Financial Asset Management - Basic
Financial Management - Basic
Investment Services - Basic
Multi Asset Investment - Basic
Negotiation - Basic
Quality Assurance (QA) - Basic
Risk Controls - Basic
System Assessments - Basic
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups