At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
About Our Company
Northwestern Mutual has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for nearly 165 years through a distinctive planning approach that integrates risk management with wealth accumulation and preservation. The company has the highest financial strength ratings awarded in the industry, managing a portfolio of over $270B in assets and distributing an unparalleled amount of dividends to its policyowners annually.
The Investment Risk Management (IRM) Team
The IRM team plays a fundamental role in ensuring that Northwestern Mutual stays financially sound, allowing the company to fulfill its promises to our policyowners when they need us the most. To do so our members collaborate with portfolio managers and the investment strategy group to develop processes and models that address the evaluation, control, management and mitigation of investment risks, including credit, market and liquidity risk.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly analytical and energetic undergraduate student to have an impact on our investment decisions, who is also interested in learning more about how we manage investment risk, report quantitative investment analytics, and develop financial models.
- Participates in development and research related to the Sentiment Analysis modeling for financial markets.
- Design and back test investment and trading strategies.
- Present findings to investment and risk professionals
- Quantitative Major (CS, Financial Engineering, Data Science etc) preferred. Business, Finance or Investments major will be considered.
- Desire to learn beyond the school curriculum.
- Proven technical aptitude working with Excel spreadsheets and models.
- Programming skills in Python, R, MatLab or other programming language
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, competencies in finance and advanced mathematics.
- Experience (school or practical) in AI, Machine Learning, Systematic Investments, Quantitative Finance, Econometrics and/or Time Series Analysis.
- High degree of personal initiative, demonstrated ability to work independently, excellent follow-through ability and sense of personal accountability.
Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to deal effectively and professionally with people at all levels.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups