At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Accountable for driving the development and implementation of risk team’s data needs, technology and future of risk reporting. Will be responsible for synthesis of data and provision of new insights through data visualization. Represent Investment Risk’s data and technology needs and will build alignment for prioritization of those needs in the current integrated framework across investment teams. Serve as advocate for and be accountable for leading efforts to refine the existing processes around risk reporting to improve transparency and increase efficiency.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop real time risk reporting using visualization tools
- Represents risk’s data and technology needs across the organization
- Develop interactive dashboards of portfolio exposure and risk analytics
- Assist quant team with data needs tied to research projects
- Keep abreast of developments and industry trends surrounding BI tools and investment risk reporting
- Provides insights based on data analytics and trend analysis
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Data Science, Actuarial Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience in roles in systems or data analysis with investment focus.
- Outstanding analytical skills and the ability to seek complex problems, to react to changing business needs, and to deliver high quality results
- Proven ability to build effective teams committed to organizational goals.
- Must have positive relationship building skills and be comfortable working across levels in an organization. Must also have ability to work with teams of people as needed and guide and direct the activities of others without direct supervisory accountability
- Must demonstrate Intellectual curiosity and the willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Must be comfortable working with ambiguity
- Expertise in one or more business intelligence or analytical tools such as Netezza, SAS, Tableau, SQL, SQL based ETL
- Knowledge of investment data and risk or strong desire to pursue additional education through CFA, or FRM designation program.
- Technical expertise with data models, database design, and enterprise data management (EDM) models is helpful but not required. MSBI, Visual Basic, TSO, Unix, or JCL.
- Prior experience in investment or investment risk related role is preferred.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups