At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary responsibility is to assist with management of investment products including design and implementation of new or existing products, promotion strategies, overall execution of the product strategy and day-to-day product line management to advance sales and servicing. A significant portion of the specialist's time is spent maintaining existing platforms/products.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exposure to field feedback and customer needs in order to understand product or program features and functions. May support decisions and processes that are in place and translate to advisors.
- Supports implementation of new products and maintain existing products by updating reports and running data.
- Builds expertise for the technology platforms or processes that support the investment products.
- Learning about profitability of assigned products via sales growth, net cash flow, sound product design and managed expenses. Researching product design of competitive offerings.
- Learning about the strategic role IPS plays in the enterprise and how investment products integrate with insurance products.
- Supports ongoing product evolution including coordinating and driving efforts with technical, operational, compensation, investment and regulatory professionals.
- Understands and demonstrates regulatory compliance by adhering to business conduct, and supporting programs that address field and client practices.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, finance, economics or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 plus years of experience in financial services.
- Ability to learn technical details of investment programs.
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, with ability to work within deadlines, prioritize work and multitask.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to develop deep product expertise.
- Ability to build strong internal networks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Progress towards a professional certification - CLU, ChFC, CFA, CFP, CPA or similar designation.
- FINRA Non-Registered Fingerprinted.
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups