At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we help our clients realize the promise of financial security and deliver comprehensive planning, insurance and investments through a trusted advisor and engaging technology.
Investment Products and Services helps our clients grow their wealth. In other words, IPS completes the promise we’ve made to our clients. By bringing investments and insurance together into one comprehensive plan, we help our clients strive toward their complete financial picture.
The Investment Products Consultant assists with management of investment products including design and implementation of new or existing products, promotion strategies, overall execution of the product strategy and day-to-day product line management to advance sales and servicing. They understand the products the role is responsible for and analyzing/developing solutions for complex Legal/Regulatory/Competitive issues that may arise.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interprets field feedback and customer needs and is the go-to product professional that can explain and translate product or program features and functions to internal and external partners.
- Translates product strategy into product design details, implements changes, and tests that products are performing as designed.
- Utilizes expertise of investments products and technology platform offerings to analyze, implement and test platform updates.
- Understands profitability of assigned products via sales growth, net cash flow, sound product design and managed expenses. Researching product design of competitive offerings, models changes to pricing and rates and makes recommendations.
- Understands the strategic role IPS plays in the enterprise and how investment products integrate with insurance products.
- Provides investment product subject matter expertise to support ongoing product evolution including coordinating and driving efforts with technical, operational, compensation, investment and regulatory professionals.
- Understands impact of regulatory compliance on assigned investment products and participates in project teams to implement necessary changes to products, programs or processes.
- Builds leadership skills and may informally mentor others on small projects, teams or committees.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, finance, economics or related field or equivalent experience,.
- 5 plus years of experience in financial services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Wealth Management industry, including product, pricing, and customer preferences.
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, with ability to work within deadlines, prioritize work and multitask.
- Ability to participate as a subject matter expert in departmental or cross-departmental initiatives.
- Ability to anticipate impact of decisions, future consequences and trends.
- Ability to build strong internal and external networks and utilize resources in the industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to make effective formal presentations to small and medium size groups.
- Professional certification desired - CLU, ChFC, CFA, CFP, CPA or similar designation.
- FINRA - Series 7 (or intent to acquire)
This position has been classified as a Registered Representative under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting.
Required Certifications:Series 6 - FINRA, Series 7 - FINRA, SIE - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups