At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do?
The primary responsibility of this position is to support Mason Street Advisors, the retail investment adviser of Northwestern Mutual, in the governance of the adviser and management of subadvised funds. This new position will work extensively with various business partners within the home office and subadvisory firms.
- Support the execution and operation of Mason Street Advisors’ governance and service provider oversight
- Lead the implementation efforts for new regulatory initiatives
- Assist with management of subadvisory relationships, oversight and reporting, including due diligence activities
- Lead the ongoing management of and updates to the risk management plan
- Serve as a member of investment oversight team overseeing existing subadvisers and evaluating new subadvisory candidates, as well as the implementation of new sub-advisory relationships
- Support the review and production of mutual fund board materials with respect to subadvisers and the Mason Street Advisors
- Maintain a current understanding of the mutual fund, subadvisory and investment management business, including regulatory developments
- Develop and maintain reporting to support the administration of Mason Street Advisors’ business and improve processes
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics or related field or equivalent experience, with an advanced degree (such as MBA) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in investment management and/or financial services
- Experience supporting investment advisers and mutual funds, with subadvisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-departmental project initiatives
- Detailed knowledge of legal and compliance matters and the regulatory environment
- Ability to apply thought leadership in maintaining and enhancing the business
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, with ability to lead others around deadlines and prioritization of work
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups