At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
- Ensure accurate and efficient execution for transactions in all asset classes in PI, MSA, NMC and NMRE's public and private managed portfolios including domestic, fixed income, common stock, derivatives, foreign, private placements, real estate equity and mortgage loans.
- Work with bank representatives, brokers, traders and front office to settle trades efficiently.
- Respond to inquiries regarding investment holdings and activity.
- Maintain investment data for more complex security types in various systems, conduct reconciliations and work closely with Managed Investment's business partners.
- Assure timely and accurate investment positions, commitment updating and critical attributive investment data.
- Respond to and investigate cash receivable and payable exceptions. Resolve a wide variety of standard and moderately complex problems.
- When requested by business partners, conduct in-depth analysis regarding investment holdings, trading activity, and other investment initiatives.
- Train new staff members and may serve as a technical expert on assigned investments and related procedures.
- Stay informed of industry changes and developments that affect processing procedures.
- Assist with developing and implementing business process improvements, new initiatives, procedures, and workflows. Participate in system enhancements, projects and upgrades. May take leadership role in certain areas of expertise.
- Interpretation and analysis of legal documents to ensure adherence to contractual terms and amendments.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in business with emphasis in finance, accounting, management, real estate or information systems or equivalent related experience.
- Three or more years of related, investment operations experience preferred.
- Requires knowledge, experience and skill across a variety of investment asset and transaction types.
- Previous experience with investment operational and accounting systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical ability.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups