At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As an Investment Operations Intern, you will work with the Northwestern Mutual Managed Investment business partners, brokers and traders supporting the timely and accurate execution of transactions related to investments managed by the front office (Mason Street Advisors, Northwestern Investment Management Company, Northwestern Mutual Real Estate, Investment Strategy and Northwestern Mutual Capital) including settlement of trades, ongoing maintenance, and transactions such as principal, interest, cash flows, fees, and corporate actions. Investments managed include domestic fixed income, common stock, derivatives, foreign, and alternative investments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure investment data is accurate, complete, and timely. Review and reconcile cash, investment positions and critical attributive investment data.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding investment holdings and activity.
- Maintain investment data on various systems and conduct reconciliations.
- Respond to and investigate cash receivable and payable exceptions.
- Maintain records and perform reconciliation of physical securities.
- Enrolled in a college degree program with a business major and an emphasis in finance, accounting, management, or real estate.
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be self-motivated and organized; also, must be able to work independently, multi-task, establish priorities, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and analytical ability
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We a re an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, Ne w York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups