At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT COMPANY, LLC , located in Milwaukee, WI, is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company with over $240 billion in assets under management (AUM). The Public Investment department manages over $120 billion of total AUM and provides fixed income expertise to Northwestern Mutual and its affiliate corporations, including the foundation and retirement plan.
What you will do:
The primary responsibility of this role will be to support independent, fundamental credit research under the direct supervision of a Director level Investment Grade Corporate Research Analyst.
How you will do it:
- Provide support to the investment process in areas such as fundamental company/industry research, financial modeling, relative value and performance attribution analysis.
- Establish knowledge of fixed income securities and NMIMC’s proprietary relative value framework.
- Prepare and make presentations or reports as requested.
- Engage and interact collaboratively with the team: Credit Analysts, Traders and Portfolio Managers.
- Effectively respond in a timely manner to requests for data and other information.
- Promote a culture of mutual respect and high ethical standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related areas. Certificate from a specialized investment program and/or CPA designation is a plus.
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience supporting credit analysis.
- High level of initiative and motivation to learn.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to optimally interact, influence and persuade others.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to set priorities and carry out multiple, diverse assignments.
- Proficiency with Bloomberg, BQuant and Microsoft Office.
- Progress toward attaining the CFA designation.
- Previous Asset Management, Public Investments, or Finance internship
- Computer programming and/or data analytics capabilities.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups