At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we help our clients realize the promise of financial security and deliver comprehensive planning, insurance and investments through a trusted advisor and engaging technology.
Investment Products and Services supports NM's advisors as they work to grow the wealth of their clients. In other words, IPS completes the promise we’ve made to our clients by bringing investments and insurance together into one comprehensive plan.
This role will provide proactive support for the investment needs and questions of field financial advisors and Wealth Management Advisors. The Investment Consultant will be a key resource for field advisors and will carefully evaluate and recommend client investment solutions.
- This person may be involved in proactive sales efforts, training of new/evolving product rollouts related to our investment advisory and brokerage product offerings and creation of training content. These proactive efforts will be achieved through telephone contact, email, and presentations both virtual and face to face
- Consults to trading, portfolio rebalancing, transition management, portfolio construction, investment performance, security selection, security research, investment planning and financial markets.
- Independently handles and solves sophisticated problems; has in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge of investments
- Act as a subject matter authority on various investment related projects and initiatives
- In depth knowledge of market and fund/manager data concerning the investment strategies and tactics of these investments and their impact on account performance
- Perform ad hoc due diligence and analytical rigor to research on stocks, bonds, mutual funds and other investment vehicles as requested by advisors.
- In depth understanding of investment advisory product offerings with ability to understand customer needs and identify appropriate product solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years meaningful work experience in the financial services industry to include a broad knowledge of markets, investments, economics, accounting, and financial tools, such as Bloomberg, Morningstar, etc.
- Proven ability to focus on customer financial needs and continually search for investment strategy alternatives that meet these needs.
- Ability to make sound and consistent investment strategy recommendations.
- Independent, driven individual with strong work ethic and desire to engage in continuous learning related to the role, markets and investments
- Experience working with an investment sales force including the ability to persuade and explain complex investment topics.
- FINRA registrations are permissible for this position.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- The role may involve a certain amount of travel.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups