At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
1) Resolves a variety of investment operations inquiries and escalations from home office leaders, field staff or other team members on a relationship based team. Uses industry knowledge and analytical skills to resolve problems.
2) Researches and responds to client issues including but is not limited to placing trades, assisting clients with system access and navigation, assisting clients with account maintenance and inquiries, discussing the latest market trends responding to research requests and providing investment education to our clients.
3) Provides ongoing home office supervision/oversight function of investment advisory accounts to ensure supervisory integrity and compliance to ensure core fiduciary responsibilities are being met.
4) Promotes client retention and identifies opportunities to build existing relationships through timely and accurate operational processing and service quality. Establishes and maintains strong relationships with customers and team members while providing quality service and support.
5) Works with other specialists, consultants and managers to handle the day-to-day monitoring of the area including managing service levels for the call center and daily processing work. Developing ability to direct and coordinate the team's service activities and identifying changing service demands.
6) Assists team members as they work through complex case work or items beyond their knowledge base.
7) Prioritizes and organizes responsibilities and uses appropriate resources within and outside of immediate work area. Collaborates with internal customers and cross-functional teams to resolve problems as needed.
8) May review work of office staff team members to ensure quality and accuracy. May contribute input into performance evaluation process.
9) Participates in and may lead process improvement, product introduction, or system enhancement across the division. Participates in system testing and system maintenance that requires operational expertise.
10) Keeps informed of developments in the industry and anticipates information needed by others and is responsible for communicating change.
This position has been classified as an Access Person, which will require the reporting of your personal securities transactions. This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required forms.>FINRA non-registered fingerprinted person and WMC access person
Bring your best! What this role needs:
Bachelor's degree in Business or related field or equivalent industry experience.
Broad professional knowledge of the investment industry gained through a minimum of three years in an investment service or operations capacity.
Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated analytical skills and confidence to make judgments and decisions involving ambiguity
Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
Demonstrated ability to positively influence and work cooperatively with employees at all levels
Demonstrated ability to proactively react to change
Self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to manage multiple assignments with minimal guidance or direction
Strong technical knowledge of the operational aspects related to brokerage and advisory services/products.>>Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge across complex business areas and manage projects in a cross functional environment.
Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to learn new business concepts and procedures.
Depending on the specific job responsibilities assigned, this position could either require a minimum of a FINRA Series 6 or FINRA Series 7.
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups