At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
1. Manages team and employee development. Includes identifying staffing needs, mentoring and performance management. Communicates purpose, clarifies roles, tasks, milestones, and measures of success.
2. Takes a leadership role and is responsible for identifying proactive solutions. Reviews, prioritizes and handles requests. Explores potential solutions and recommends the most appropriate course of action or solution.
3. Ensures the delivery of high quality service in a cost effective manner by managing operating plan, staff, budget and unit costs, consistently meeting service level goals, and ensures timely quality call reviews and processing audits.
4. Handles escalated issues related to staff, cases, process, and/or systems from both home office and field operations areas. Collaborates with internal customer, external vendors, and across divisional/department lines to resolve problems when necessary.
5. Ownership of investment program procedures, ensures investment program accounts are managed according to program and regulatory requirements. Provides ongoing home office supervision/oversight function of investment advisory accounts to ensure supervisory integrity and compliance to ensure core fiduciary responsibilities are being met.
6. Acts as division project owner, contributor, SME and/or lead and manages a variety of projects/enhancements from concept to completion including scope, time and budget. Ensures that all documentation requirements are satisfied as well as compliance with company and regulatory procedures.
7. Ability to lead change management across the organization. This role interfaces directly with business clients, the field, other NM areas, strategic vendors and business system teams.
8. Responsible for communicating on various levels, salary administration, conflict resolution, dealing with ambiguity and independently making quality decisions.
9. Enhances field productivity, growth and retains customer assets by identifying system enhancements, operational efficiencies and collaborating with various service providers.
10. Identifies improvement opportunities that will lower unit costs; implements process or technology improvements in an effort to improve the customer's experience and interactions with the company.
11. Assists senior management with succession planning by identifying future leaders and develop all individuals to their highest potential.
12. Incumbent will keep abreast of developments in the industry and anticipates the need for communicating with various internal teams and network offices.
13. Other responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
*Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in business, operations management or related field or equivalent experience.
*Minimum of seven years of related experience to include in depth knowledge and design/implementation of operational procedures and policies.
*Includes a minimum of two years in an operational management leadership position with proven management, human relations and interpersonal skills necessary to manage a group of people.
*Technical knowledge of the operational aspects related to financial services and products.
*Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge across complex business areas and manage projects and teams.
*Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to learn new business concepts and procedures.
*Proven ability to be responsive to changing business needs, manage and prioritize concurrent assignments and handle ambiguity.
*Ability to focus and deliver proactively in a dynamic, multi-tasking, fast-paced environment.
*Demonstrated ability to anticipate future business consequences and trends.
*Experience working with internal and external customers towards meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
This position has been classified as a Registered Representative under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting.
Required Certifications:Series 24 - FINRA, Series 7 - FINRA, SIE - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups