At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As an Investment Operations subject matter expert, the Investment Client Services Consultant consults at all levels of the company on divisional and departmental business processes, product knowledge and highly complex case resolution; identifies solutions to unusual situations and proactively seeks process improvement opportunities; evaluates, selects and manages potential development and enhancements for new and/or existing systems and processes; researches and resolves complex operations issues in brokerage accounts and/or advisory accounts (including inquiries and escalated issues); independently leads projects based on sound business justification; manages change across the organization; and interfaces effectively with audiences across the business (business clients, agency level, strategic vendors, and business system teams). Above all, you are comfortable simultaneously handling a large and diverse number of tasks with tact, cooperation, and persistence.
1) Takes a leadership role as an investment operations subject matter expert (SME) and is responsible for identifying proactive solutions. Reviews, prioritizes and handles requests. Explores potential solutions and recommends the most appropriate course of action or solution.
2) Handles escalated issues related to staff, cases, processes, and/or systems from both home office and field operations areas. Collaborates with internal customers, external vendors and across divisional/department lines to resolve problems when necessary.
3) Evaluates, selects and manages potential development and enhancements for new and/or existing systems and processes. Ensures project deadlines are met and project procedures are followed.
4) Participates in or leads ICS, IPS, Advisory or other NM interdepartmental committees, teams or events.
5) Acts as divisional project owner, contributor, SME and/or lead and manages a variety of projects/enhancements from concept to completion including scope, time and budget. Ensures that all documentation requirements are satisfied as well as compliance with company and regulatory procedures.
6) Proactively collaborates with clients and other subject matter experts (SMEs) to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following as needed:
- Functional Requirements
- Business Requirements
7) Develops process or systems solutions for internal and external customers in support of programs and initiatives. Determines business requirements and evaluates information gathered from a variety of stakeholders.
8) Independently leads or participates in process improvement initiatives or process/technology enhancements across the enterprise, particularly enhancements that will improve the customer's experience. Participates in or leads system testing for projects and system maintenance that requires operational expertise.
9) Anticipates information needed by others and is responsible for communicating change.
11) Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
This position has been classified as an Access Person, which will require the reporting of your personal securities transactions.
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required forms.
Bachelor's degree in business or related field or a significant amount of directly related work experience beyond the minimum required for the position.
Seven years progressively responsible work experience. Experience in designated investment products and/or services including brokerage operations strongly preferred.
Demonstrated leadership, diplomacy and decision making skills to include the abilities to lead operational change across the organization, evaluate, identify, diagnose and implement decisions and solutions to problems within the scope of the job.
Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience in writing and developing procedures.
Demonstrated ability to think strategically and consider a broad range of internal and external factors when solving problems and/or recommending future enhancements, strategic direction or making decisions.
Must be able to multi-task and prioritize among a number of issues/tasks at a time.
High degree of personal initiative and motivation with the ability to work independently.
FINRA SIE, Series 6 or 7 optional.
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups