At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delivers a personalized and remarkable experience for our field by answering their questions, providing servicing options and helping them with their products or services.
- Expert at resolving inquiries and transactions from Financial Reps on basic, intermediate (semi-complex), calls and transactions in a registered area and proficient at complex work.
- Researches and evaluates possible solutions to complex problems that requires identifying root cause and deviation from procedures and handles escalation resolution
- Regularly promotes client retention and identifies opportunities for the field to build existing relationship, knows when to refer back to the field for follow up
- Takes ownerships of field inquiries and anticipates future issues to avoid repeat escalations
- Ability to de-escalate field experience situations effectively while guiding the field through complex and unique inquiries.
- Serves as a trusted advocate for our Financial Representatives and partners with them to implement their business agreements
- Embraces new technology and serves as an advocate for website and self-service capabilities by educating the field. Understands risks and impacts that the transaction has on the Financial Representative and Company.
- Understands how systems connect to processes and outcomes. Supports digital savvy capabilities in self and others/Understands how to explain system limits and capabilities to others.
- Lead others through change (help others adapt to changing environments and accept new situations)
- Works effectively with unstructured teams, situations or environment
- Fosters a professional relationship with our field to enhance brand loyalty
- Handles phone and transactional responsibilities while adhering to strict confidentiality, privacy standards and regulatory requirements.
- Coach, mentor or train others as needed
- Associates degree in business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 4 years related customer service experience with proven customer service skills
- Enjoy gathering and analyzing data
- Expert knowledge of investment or income products or markets (i.e.VA, VL, VUL, Retirement & Business markets) a plus
- An expert understanding of excel and enjoy working with spreadsheets.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle high volume of case load with the greatest possible degree of accuracy
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- A strong desire to continuously learn and improve
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to provide options
- Demonstrated computer experience with solid keyboarding skills and proficiency with current software packages
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups