At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT COMPANY, LLC , located in Milwaukee, WI, is a registered investment adviser and wholly owned subsidiary of the Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company with over $250 billion in assets under management (AUM). The Public Investments (PI) Department manages over $120 billion of total AUM and provides fixed income expertise to Northwestern Mutual (NM) and its affiliates. PI also manages NM’s derivatives book and manages various ALM portfolios for NM.
What you will do:
This role will provide analytic support to the PI Department’s ALM portfolio management team with a major focus on spread lending. The role will also perform research and analysis in support of PI’s derivatives management process and related activities.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Perform research and analysis in support of ALM related portfolio management, particularly related to spread lending
- Support the development and implementation of derivative strategies for client portfolios with a primary focus on ALM hedging strategies, particularly spread lending
- Support the ongoing development and implementation of the ALM model used for spread lending
- Provide analysis and support in the development, implementation, and monitoring of NM’s FHLBC advance strategies
- Build and maintain daily cash/duration analysis for segmented portfolios; represents PI in the allocated cash process for spread lending
- Provide support and backup for OTC derivative trading, particularly interest rate and currency swaps utilized for spread lending
- Provide support and backup for FHLBC advance execution
- CFA or FSA designation, or MBA or master’s degree in finance, economics, or quantitative fields of study, or significant progress toward at least one of these designations or degrees
- Knowledge, background, and interest in capital markets
- 1+ years of institutional quantitative investment or actuarial experience
- Strong quantitative and technical skills
- Experience with Bloomberg, Calypso, and other portfolio management systems a plus
- Strong Excel skills a must
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work optimally with people at all levels within the organization
- Adaptable and accurate with respect to requests for data, opinions, and other information
- Works well independently, while promoting and contributing to a strong team dynamic
- Demonstrates initiative, motivation, and good judgment and independence of viewpoint. Relies on own work while considering the views of others
- High ethical and professional standards
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups