At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports Northwestern Mutual compliance programs by advising business areas across the enterprise on actions necessary to maintain and mature their policies and procedures to comply with regulatory requirements. Liaison for core compliance topics such as privacy, record retention, disaster recovery, etc.
- Primary liaison for the Client Advocacy Function on behalf of Enterprise Compliance, focused on providing consultation and guidance of regulations related to the issuance, service and claims processes for Life Insurance, Annuity, Disability Income, and Long-Term Care products. Supports the Group Insurance Administrative Office, who is responsible for group life and group DI products.
- Perform risk assessment and impact analysis of new or updated regulatory requirements from state or federal laws and regulations for business areas across the enterprise.
- Collaborate with business areas across the enterprise to influence outcomes of routine and nonroutine changes to policies, procedures and technology solutions designed to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and focus on managing risk.
- Evaluates, analyzes, and recommends changes to policies, procedures and reference materials within various compliance program resources including the compliance manual and supervision manual used by the field and home office.
- Consult and collaborate with all lines of defense on developing and maintaining controls and written supervisory procedures (WSPs) that align to the compliance programs, standards and applicable regulations.
- Accountable for collaborating with the Law department, and other business partners including both product and risk management areas to ensure reference materials are accurate, refreshed and available to business areas.
- Assist the first line with identifying key controls that are designed to ensure proper oversight. Develop, implement and maintain second line resources and controls and/or assess, make recommendations, and document second line oversight to further mitigate risk.
- Advocate for culture of compliance by leveraging relationships with business leadership to proactively identify training, education and communication needs. Escalate potential compliance matters to Compliance Program Managers or Chief Compliance Officers, when needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- FINRA series 6 & 26 preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Experience in insurance operations, investment operations or broker-dealer compliance/supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Strong planning and project management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to build rapport and trust while exercising tact, diplomacy, resourcefulness and understanding in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex, operational and organizational issues leveraging the appropriate resources within or outside the division to solve for compliant solutions.
- Ability to communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others to adopt a different point of view.
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as collaborate on multiple projects at the same time.
- Knowledge of our markets, products, and services desired.
- Tech Savvy, embraces change and resilient.
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA, Series 26 - FINRA, Series 6 - FINRA, Series 7 - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups