At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Plans, coordinates and actively manages the IT delivery plans for complex, cross-functional technical solutions that generally spans multiple, technical products. Manages the end to end plan that is inclusive of all of the changes needed to technical products in support of initiative outcomes. Projects often involve network, server, or software implementation and upgrades, PC deployment and the like.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for driving specific aspects of a medium size program with medium complexity.
- Makes connections across teams to drive identification and managing of inter-dependencies.
- Accountable for defining the program structure and creating a single, unified plan to deliver on the program objectives.
- Drives for clarity on objectives, priorities and measures.
- Accountable for identifying, assessing and mitigating program risks and issues, and removing impediments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience.
- Three to Five years of project management experience in technology and/or business functions • Experience with project management methodologies & SDLC • Working knowledge of project management / agile tooling.
- Experience with project management methodologies & SDLC. Working knowledge of project management / agile tooling
- Understands how software is developed, tested and implemented as well as technical concepts.
- Ability to work closely with engineers, product managers and business leaders.
- Experience managing large scale, cross-functional initiatives using a variety of delivery methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile, lean, scrum, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to dig into details, learn, ask questions and become the "go to expert" on certain concepts and topics.
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups