At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are looking for a strong Lead Business Analyst to join our Illustrations team within Digital Product! You will dig deep into various business areas and help define the details of how to drive business results through technology while working on a multi-functional team of product managers, engineers, designers and domain specialists in an Agile methodology to deliver on outcomes. You'll also have the opportunity to lead junior Business Analyst talent formally or informally in your day-to-day work while helping to shape their skills!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Business Expertise: Demonstrate deep knowledge of end-to-end business processes across multiple business areas / domains. Participate in business strategy and facilitate requirements gathering for multiple efforts. Be the go-to person for a business area or domain while collaborating with junior analysts.
- Current State, Future State and Gap Analysis: Validated ability to independently assess and detail current state across processes, business areas, and domains, while helping business leaders detail new processes. Ability to think strategically and put together "target state" solutions.
- Capture Requirements: Driving higher complexity requirements and solutioning and may need to lead requirements gathering across multiple business areas / enterprise.
- Author User Stories and/or Features: Responsible for authoring sophisticated user stories and/or features independently while reviewing user stories from junior team members.
- Test Plan Review: Responsible for ensuring appropriate test planning in Large/Complex efforts while providing test plan review sign-off at other level.
- Leadership: May be responsible for managing a team of several Business Analysts. Provide consulting or deep business/domain knowledge other business analysts. Work across the enterprise to provide business direction and guidance for solutioning in large epics.
- Project Management: Proven success and ability to use advanced project management skills to complete and advance work.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 6 - 8 Years Prior Experience in a Business Analyst/Business Architect position with demonstrated success
- Proven collaboration skills allowing them to influence without authority with all levels in the organization
- Domain expertise via previous internships or similar roles in the past Certifications demonstrating proficiency in role specific proficiencies
- Deep familiarity of agile & scrum development environments
- Solves unique problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Communicates concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Excellent mathematical skills, strong analytical and logical reasoning skills. Actuarial background preferred
- Embrace and deal with ambiguity with good communication skills. Know how to use data to make good decisions when confronted by ambiguity. Ability to track down answers when they are not known upfront.
- Ability to work with multiple teams within department and across organization
- Solves sophisticated problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Certifications demonstrating mastery of role specific proficiencies
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups