At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What the role?
We are looking for a Sr Engineer within Northwestern Mutual' s Identity and Access Management (IAM) - User Provisioning team, with a focus on owning the design, development, and deployment of user lifecycle processes within our enterprise IGA platform. You will be looked upon as a leader on the team and will guide the team on standard processes, keeping up with industry trends and ensuring our technology platform can meet the needs of our people and process demands.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with minimal supervision on large, complex IAM projects; often providing direction to others on team.
- Is a leader within the IAM Team with the expectation to guide and mentor more junior members. This includes overseeing the work performed by junior engineers, mentoring their technical educational activities, freely sharing knowledge and testing techniques.
- Contributes to the innovation of software development within IAM domain.
- Consults on right-sizing decisions, software solutions, and services.
- Recognized as having expert knowledge within the applicable IAM Domain
- Accountable for building, managing, and maintaining Identity and Access related security tools and the infrastructure required to support them. Focus on designing and implementing automation to aid the team in creating efficiencies.
- Accountable for working with select team members to track, monitor, and report testing results in a meaningful way so that risk-based security metrics are delivered to the enterprise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- 6+ years of Development Experience Required in Java
- SailPoint IdentityIQ experience as preferred
- 2+ Years of experience in MS SQL
- Knowledge on Cloud experience a plus (AWS)
- Knowledge on Diverse experience utilizing Java tools in business, Web, and client-server environments including Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE), Enterprise Java Bean (EJB), Java Server Pages (JSP), Java Servlets (including JNDI), Struts, and Java database Connectivity (JDBC) technologies.
- Understanding of directories (AD/LDAP) and group structures, policies, Frame set up for enterprise level Role mining, Role Based Access Control (RBAC).
- Certification in security space desired (CISSP, CCSP, etc).
- Experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, and deploying and supporting software solutions and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong documentation, testing and automation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical teams and non-technical teams.
- Strong ability to align and mature to security practices.
- Strong ability to align technical needs to business processes.
- Strong ability to prioritize work based on business objectives.
- Strong ability to breakdown work to deliver value incrementally.
- Experience preferred with Agile methodologies/DevOps environment.
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We a re an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, Ne w York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups