At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The IAM team at Northwestern Mutual is looking for a skilled Sr IAM Engineer to lead the migration efforts into a new SailPoint Identity IQ cloud!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works autonomously on large, sophisticated IAM projects; often providing direction to others on team.
- Is a governor within the IAM pods with the expectation to guide and mentor more junior members. This includes coordinating the work performed by junior engineers, mentoring their technical educational activities, freely sharing knowledge and testing techniques.
- Contributes to the innovation of software development within the IAM domain.
- Consults on right-sizing decisions, software solutions, and services.
- Recognized as having expert knowledge within the applicable IAM Domain.
- Accountable for building, managing, and maintaining Identity and Access related security tools and the infrastructure required to support them. Focus on crafting and implementing automation to aid the team in creating efficiencies.
- Accountable for working with select team members to track, monitor, and report testing results in a meaningful way so that risk-based security metrics are delivered to the enterprise.
- Perform Ad Hoc duties as assigned.
- Experience with engineering standard practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, and deploying and supporting software solutions and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Proficiency with Java programming and software development practices
- Experience in one or more of the following desired: SailPoint IIQ, Active Directory/LDAP Directories, AWS, SQL
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong documentation, testing and automation skills.
- Proven sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical teams and non-technical teams.
- Proven ability to align and mature to security practices.
- Ability to align technical needs to business processes.
- Capable of prioritizing work based on business objectives.
- Strong ability to breakdown work to deliver value incrementally.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent work experience in the IT field, with at least a portion of that time in Security related position
- 4-5 years of professional IGA experience
- Certification in security space (CISSP, CCSP, etc.).
- Experience with Agile methodologies/DevOps environment.
This posting is specific to the IAM Certification team that has responsibility for onboarding, carrying out and supporting access certifications for the enterprise
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program, and more!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups