At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As the Sr. IAM Engineer, you will work with key business partners, developers, vendors, and security engineers to help craft the future of our Identity and Access Management (IAM) Program and requires a solid understanding of Identity and Access Management technologies and tools, including Authentication and Access techniques. This person will be responsible for developing, supporting and providing improvements to all aspects of Single Sign-on and Multifactor Authentication to ensure integrity, and availability, authentication, authorization and related services to internal and external clients. Responsibilities include design, impact analysis, and creating work effort estimates for new features and fixes. Works under general supervision on IAM projects and is able troubleshoot and resolve complex issues, with a focus on system improvement and automation.
- Works with minimal supervision on large, complex IAM projects; often providing direction to others on team.
- Contributes to the innovation of software development within IAM domain.
- Recognized as having expert knowledge within the applicable IAM Domain
- Possesses solid working knowledge of engineering best practices.
- Analyzing, designing, developing, deploying and supporting software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Is a leader within the IAM Team with the expectation to guide and mentor more junior members. This includes overseeing the work performed by junior engineers, mentoring their technical educational activities, freely sharing knowledge and testing techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent work experience in the IT field
- 4-5 years of professional experience required
- Proven experience in the following domains: SSO/Federation, Active Directory, Azure, AWS, Sailpoint IIQ, Privileged Access, Access Certifications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong documentation, testing and automation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical teams and non-technical teams.
- Exhibits appetite for continuous learning and improvement.
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups