At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Internship candidates can expect a fulltime onsite internship program, running from June 5, 2023, to August 11, 2023. This internship opportunity is offered in Milwaukee, WI. Internship candidates who are relocating for the summer internship opportunity are eligible for round-trip airline/train travel and mileage reimbursement to and from your internship location and company-provided housing for the duration of the summer internship program in accordance with the company’s relocation policy.
Carefully selected from universities across the country, our interns bring distinctive ideas and perspectives to our organization. Our employees are passionate about building our emerging talent and future leaders. After application and initial screening conversation, interns are aligned interview and be hired to a specific team at NM based on their skillsets and interests, providing exposure to real-world business perspectives through hands-on learning and meaningful work. In addition to their day-to-day tasks, interns participate in professional development workshops, senior leadership Q&A's, volunteer initiatives, networking/social events, and more!
As a ROME Intern, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of experienced hospitality professionals in areas such as, Operations-meetings set ups, Events planning, Reservations team, culinary operations, and Restaurant service professionals. Be prepared to meet new people, learn from the best work as you work in a fast-paced environment as each day is never the same!
Our Northwestern Mutual ROME hospitality program will provide an exciting and real-world environment for our interns that will foster hands on educational experiences, growth and development, and meaningful experiences that will compliment your academic coursework in hospitality.
We are here to help you both identify and continue to develop your future career goals and passions. Be prepared to work in structured environment where you will rotate in each area, work with our ROME teams, and enterprise partners. The ROME program will include an initial Job shadowing approach that will provide exposure and learning of our ROME food and beverage services and meetings and events environment.
What you will gain:
- Exposure in creating, preparing, and providing quality hospitality experiences i.e., from participating in creative rooms setups, learning about our reservation processes, working closely with our meetings planners as they plan, coordinate, and execute event details, to supporting the culinary and service teams in providing tasteful experiences.
- Constructive feedback and coaching to help support your growth and development through our summer program and beyond
- Opportunity to work with a diverse group or employees and leaders that will help strengthen key competencies related to your personal and professional growth
- An opportunity to experience an exciting, and interesting on job training in key frontline positions.
Bring your best! What this role needs. Minimum qualifications:
- Pursuing an Associates or bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or related field.
- Previous work in the hospitality or similar business area.
- Employer immigration sponsorship is not available
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups