At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
This role will ensure investment programs compliance and supervision in accordance with federal regulations and advisory program requirements and rules to handle and mitigate operational risk for the front line. Performs oversight and control obligations while maintaining fiduciary responsibilities and supervision for advisory programs. Resolves investment and/or advisory program account supervision/oversight issues, including escalations, home office leader inquiries and field partners. Takes leadership role as a technical authority and responsible for proactively identifying options and solutions with an eye towards risk and tradeoffs. Participates in cross functional projects and committees. Assists manager in the oversight of day-to-day operations, including: developing, recommending and implementing policies, procedures, controls and training. Independently seeks, investigates and implements process and control improvements.
- Conducts supervision and/or oversight for select IPS programs. Tests adherence to policies/procedures, ensures proper controls; and recommends and implements corrective action. Raises issues to Home Office Oversight Assistant Director, IPS Committees (Oversight, WMC Operational Risk and Vendor Oversight Committee, and/or WMC Investment Committee).
- Responsible for oversight of Signature advisory program activities (e.g. overdrafts, cash, checks, ineligible securities, drift, reviews, etc.). Consults with field advisors and their staff to ensure accurate program guidelines are being followed and ensures proper supervisory action taken when vital.
- Responsible for monitoring field advisor program activity and approving/denying violation exceptions and ensuring ongoing oversight and supervision of approved exceptions.
- Reviews sub-custodian clearing provider performance execution of municipal and corporate bond transactions, trade/best execution performance, and IRA custody transactions; resolves issues and prepares quarterly reports for Committee reporting and escalation.
- Responsible for collection of data for regulatory exams and acts as liaison to Enterprise Risk Assurance and Enterprise Compliance for IPS. Owns and resolves issues related to supervision & compliance action items.
- Proactively identifies improvements in execution and implements operationally sound solutions that ensure strong oversight controls and maintain efficiency.
- Resolves client concerns and complaints for all IPS programs. Includes; research, Field Advisor/Field Management/Law/Compliance consultations. Determines fault/liability, develops proper resolution strategy, records and maintains documentation, drafts responses and ensures reporting to appropriate Committees and/or Enterprise Compliance.
- NMIS Non-Registered Fingerprinted (NRF)
- WMC Access Person (WMC Registered Investment Advisor)
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent industry experience
- 3 plus years of experience in financial services with an emphasis in compliance/supervision/regulatory in the securities industry preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of broker/dealer and investment advisory operations and related regulation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to make independent decisions
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills and confidence to make judgments and decisions involving ambiguity
- Proven ability to positively influence, work collaboratively and negotiate with all levels of employees
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage change
- Self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to manage multiple assignments with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge across complex business areas and participate in projects in a cross functional environment
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to learn new business concepts and procedures
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups